Friday, August 22, 2008

Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich

Have you ever had one of these? A waffle ice cream sandwich.



I can't remember the first place I had one but I think it was when visiting the beach/boardwalk as a child. I was shocked to find out that Matt NEVER had one or even heard of them until I made him one a few years ago!!

They are heavenly. Normally I only use half of a homemade waffle for the sandwich, but we were treating ourselves the night I made these and opted for a whole waffle.

Simple ingredients:
Homemade waffles, freshly made or pre-made and heated in a toaster oven
Ice cream, I prefer Neapolitan
Optional side of fruit

3 comments:

  1. Love these! Never made them at home though...maybe it's time to break out that waffle maker?! We usually indulge when we're at Knoebel's or the Bloomsburg Fair. It's one of my favorite "carnival" foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This reminds me of the Waffle House at Heislers back home. I think after this blog a trip there may be in order next time I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christina! I've only ever had one of these in my life at Reading Terminal in Philly and it was divine. Never even thought of making them at home ... we only use our waffle maker 1 or 2 times a year for holidays. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete