Friday, September 19, 2008

Peace of mind

I have been stressed about our ultra sound results. I felt more confident about our baby's heart because the doctor seemed more confident about the report when she called to follow up after my last appt. I'm still concerned about it but the OB made it seem like it's fine. However, she sounded more unsure about not seeing his hands. I was losing sleep over this.

After telling my aunt about the results she generously offered to pay for an additional ultra sound at Womb With a View. We are scheduled to have another ultra sound (to remeasure his heart) at my OB's office in a few weeks but my aunt didn't want us to stress over the uncertainty of his hands for weeks. We took her up on her offer. I called and was able to get an appt at Womb With a View that same day! We went in the evening, which is when the baby seems to be more active. My mother-in-law and her husband came along with us. I think they were amazed to see the baby in such detail too.

I can't even express how happy I am that we had this additional ultra sound. We knew the lady at Womb With a View wouldn't be able to tell us if his heart was measuring correctly but we were hoping to see his hands. And we DID! Perfect little hands!! The lady there was extremely kind. She showed us everything in 3D and 4D even though we only paid for the 2D. We were able to see so much ... his hands, fingers, feet, toes, boy parts to confirm that he IS a BOY, his little tushy, and hair on his head!! He had his hands in front of his face so we didn't get to see those details but we got to see more than what we went there for. Towards the end he started sucking on his hands and seemed to go to sleep. It was so amazing to see his mouth moving!

I shared with the woman that we were initially concerned that he had a cleft lip because I did, but now at this point, a cleft lip seems so unimportant. She shared that her daughter was born with a cleft lip and palate 9 years ago. Her daughter even had the SAME surgeon that I did for one of my surgeries! I saw her beautiful daughter and you would NEVER know that she was born with a cleft lip and palate. It took 3 surgeries to correct hers. I had 7 surgeries and mine was not as severe as hers b/c I did not have a cleft palate. They have come a long way with these procedures since I was born. Hearing her story was an additional comfort for me.

I found myself crying the next day just thinking about our experience so far. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life. I keep thinking about our life as a family of 3...what we went through to conceive him and what we'll go through together in the future with him.

Here are some pictures from our ultra sound at Womb With a View... I can't rave enough about how great our experience was there!!
The pics didn't scan as well as they look in person.


His profile

HANDS & FINGERS!! YAY!!

This is looking towards his back and right side. You can see his hand up near his mouth.

This is his left side. You can see his elbow, little tushy on the bottom right, his leg and foot!!
We have more pics ... even some 3D ones of his little boy parts too... I guess she wanted us to be sure that he was a boy :)

1 comment:

  1. Look at his cute little profile! Again, I'm so glad you were able to have this done to gain the peace of mind. So amazing :)

    ReplyDelete