Monday, May 2, 2011

And they meet

We decided that Ethan and his sister would first meet in our home.  We had concerns about Ethan seeing me in a hospital bed, a strange setting, and then having to leave while Harper and I stayed there.  That decision meant I wouldn't see Ethan for two days (I hadn't been away from him for that long!) and I missed him terribly but I'm glad that we made that decision.  We thought it would be best for Ethan.  He enjoyed time with his grandparents, continued going to daycare on Wed and Thurs, and his schedule remained consistent.  Matt went home every evening to spend time with Ethan and put him to bed. 

On Friday morning we got up and ready to check out of the hospital.
Dressing our girl in her coming home outfit.  We were afraid that she was going to be too big for it since it said "up to 7lbs" but she fit well even though she was over 8 pounds.
Unhappy about getting dressed.
Time to take her home and help her grow.
 
I was anxious on our drive home.  Anxious to see my boy.  Anxious for my babies to meet.  Anxious to start our lives together as a family of four.  I was nervous about it all too.  How were we going to handle TWO?  The first snowfall of the season started on our drive home, just a dusting, and it brought a peaceful feeling to it all.

Ethan was waiting for us.  I never imagined how excited he would be about meeting his baby sister.  He loved her from the moment he met her.



The first thing he did was poke her nose and Matt named it "booping" her nose.  Something Ethan continued.  



First photo of our family of four.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment